Prior to each mentoring call, it's helpful if you send me a list of 2-3 things you want to focus on in that session. This helps us both prepare. Occasionally, I may ask for session notes, but usually this isn't needed.
When we meet, we'll discuss any of the following, according to your needs:
- cases you're working on that are tricky
- ethical dilemmas
- art of delivery and skill refinement
- reviewing a recorded session
- business building strategies
- trauma-informed practice
- debriefing from heavy or challenging situations/clients
- personal care & burnout prevention
- how to maintain, or upgrade, your certification status
- ...and just about anything else EFT-related! :)
You can request a 30 or 45-minute appointment, and bank the remaining time. If we answer all of your questions early, we can also bank the remaining time.
Most trainers and people who have been in the biz for a while recommend getting regular mentoring beyond the 6 hours required by EFTi, whether individually or as part of a group. A common suggestion is every 4-6 weeks. This will continue your professional development, keep you from feeling isolated, and help you debrief from challenging experiences. All of that helps you have a long and rewarding career! :)
Click here to book a free mentoring consult to find out if this would be a good fit.